Deliver Exceptional Performance for Space-Constrained Environments
The Cisco UCS C220 M4 Rack Server is the most versatile, general-purpose enterprise infrastructure and application server in the industry. It is a high-density two-socket enterprise-class rack server that delivers industry-leading performance and efficiency for a wide range of enterprise workloads, including virtualization, collaboration, and bare-metal applications. The Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers can be deployed as standalone servers or as part of the Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) to take advantage of Cisco’s standards-based unified computing innovations that help reduce customers’ total cost of ownership (TCO) and increase their business agility.
The enterprise-class Cisco UCS C220 M4 server extends the capabilities of the Cisco UCS portfolio in a 1RU form factor. It incorporates the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 and v3 product family, next-generation DDR4 memory, and 12-Gbps SAS throughput, delivering significant performance and efficiency gains. The Cisco UCS C220 M4 rack server delivers outstanding levels of expandability and performance in a compact 1RU package:
- Up to 24 DDR4 DIMMs for improved performance and lower power consumption
- Up to 8 Small Form-Factor (SFF) drives or up to 4 Large Form-Factor (LFF) drives
- Support for 12-Gbps SAS Module RAID controller in a dedicated slot, leaving the remaining two PCIe Gen 3.0 slots available for other expansion cards
- A modular LAN-on-motherboard (mLOM) slot that can be used to install a Cisco UCS virtual interface card (VIC) or third-party network interface card (NIC) without consuming a PCIe slot
- Two embedded 1Gigabit Ethernet LAN-on-motherboard (LOM) ports
The Cisco UCS C220 M4 Rack Server with the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 and v3 product family is excellent for a wide range of enterprise workloads, including:
- IT and web infrastructure
- High-performance virtual desktops
- Medium -sized or distributed databases
- Public cloud
Cisco UCS C220 M4 can be deployed as standalone servers or in an UCS-managed environment. When combined with Cisco UCS, the Cisco UCS C220 M4 brings the power and automation of unified computing to enterprise applications, including SingleConnect technology that drastically reduces switching and cabling requirements; Cisco UCS Manager with service profiles to enable rapid deployment; and end-to-end server visibility, management, and control in both virtualized and bare-metal environments. The Cisco UCS C220 M4 is the most versatile general-purpose enterprise infrastructure and application server in the industry.