Cisco ASR1000-ESP100 100Gbps 100 ASR 1000 Embedded Services Processor
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Embedded Services Processors (ESPs) handle all the network data-plane traffic‑processing tasks of Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers. These ESPs allow the activation of concurrent enhanced network services, such as cryptography, firewall, Network Address Translation (NAT), quality of service (QoS), NetFlow, and many others while maintaining line speeds.
Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers are placed at the WAN edge of your enterprise data center or large office, as well as in service provider points of presence (POPs). The routers rely on the power of the ESPs to aggregate multiple traffic flows and network services, including encryption and traffic management, and forward them across WAN connections at line speeds. With router options that run from 2.5 to 200 Gbps, the Cisco ASR Family contains many models and licensing options to meet the speed and budget requirements of different types of organizations and various-sized locations.
Features & Benefits
- Forwarding, traffic management, and services
- Large-scale parallel processing with centralized shared memory to achieve low-latency packet processing
- High-performance deep-packet inspection (DPI) with full visibility into the entire Layer 2 frame, including payload
- Rapid feature development with ANSI-C software development framework
- Up to 200-Gbps system throughput and up to 130 millions of packets per second (mpps) to address WAN aggregation needs
- Hardware-assisted cryptographic performance to yield up to 78 Gbps of throughput to enable secure WAN access and compliance
- Line-speed zone-based firewall that provides up to 200 Gbps of throughput and 6-mpps firewall sessions
- DPI, Cisco IOS® Software Zone-Based Firewall distributed denial of service (DDoS) detection and prevention, and control-plane protection
- Cisco Session Border Control (SBC) for terminating and interconnecting media terminations with full accounting and flow control
- Cisco Multicast Visual Quality Experience (VQE) and video Call Admission Control (CAC) for enhanced user experiences
- Hardware-accelerated traffic classification and traffic shaping with support for up to 464,000 queues
- Flexible traffic prioritization and efficient WAN bandwidth use with minimum, maximum, and excess bandwidth allocation with priority propagation